Sunday, July 28, 2013

DIY Gone Amazing!!! (a.k.a. "thanks guys!")


#tile floors
#day off
#shandys
#sunshine
#friends
#learning
#ilovemypeople!


The only thing better than your friends coming over to throw a "do-it-yourself party", is when Dad stops by when you are at work and then texts you, "Nice job on floor."

YES! YES! I knew it was good, but now it's... GOOD! This may be the family girl in me, but if Dad is on board, I am re-modeling the kitchen, by myself- you know, until I can't anymore.

It's been a hard two weeks of "can't", and then suddenly more friends showed up and did a little tweak here and there. Suddenly I had faith again.
I was so proud of myself for what I did alone. I was also proud of myself for what my friends did while I stood and watched. This is new for me. I like it.

Friends, family, empowerment...

Just three more reasons trying to save money is awesome! 

I love this town. I love being willing to try new adventures, to learn new things, to accept help when I need it- sometimes.

Now on to the kitchen, where I have been trying to figure the best way to rip up linoleum for the last 2 weeks....

#mayneedmorehelp
#itsokaytho
#mypeopleloveme
#willgetchaback
#xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment